An organization’s human capital is its greatest asset and differentiates it from its competitors. It is also an organization’s greatest investment in most cases. HRC’s Talent Management & Development Services address the many aspects involved in getting the greatest return on your workforce investment.
Performance Management Systems & Assessment Tools
Performance management systems are driven by business needs, organizational culture and the system’s integration with other human resource management systems. There is not a “one size fits all” model. Effective Performance Management Systems:
- Increase employees’ accountability of their on-the-job performance
- Provide a more objective tool for measuring employees’ success
- Provide a direct line of sight for employees to the strategic goals of the organization
- Improve success rates for reaching overall organizational goals
- Mitigate employment practice-related risks by linking evaluation to employees’ self-validated job descriptions
- Provide measurement for operational/business decisions, i.e., performance rewards, compensation, downsizing, etc.
- In addition, an organization’s performance management directly affects employee morale and attitude, thereby determining productivity and ultimately the success of the organization. In today’s workplace climate, performance management is crucial!
HRC designs performance management systems and tools to systematically produce meaningful, measured results for our clients.
Contact HRC to learn how we can create a Circle of Measured Success that produces the measurements and outcomes needed for optimal performance management and bottom-line influence!
Job Analysis, Job Evaluation & Job Descriptions
Job analysis, evaluation and development of accurate job descriptions support many critical aspects of an organization’s human capital management –
- Recruitment of the correct candidate
- Establishment of competitive compensation
- Individual productivity and employee engagement
- Streamline of work processes and accountability
- Identification of training needs
- Compliance with labor laws and legislation.
The list goes on. Regardless of the need, completing job analysis or evaluation or developing job descriptions effectively is of the utmost importance and requires specific expertise and knowledge. HRC has been providing these services to our clients since 1998. Our experts continuously stay abreast of changes in legislation as well as industry best practices to ensure both the processes and resulting job documentation can withstand legal scrutiny and protect our clients, while supporting the backbone of their operations.
Job Analysis - What does it take to be successful in a particular position?
Jobs are analyzed to identify the requirements needed for employees to be successful on the job – helping both the employer and the employee. There are numerous methods of analyzing jobs including observation, interviewing, questionnaires, competency profiling, etc. Regardless of the method used, HRC focuses on the job itself and not the person performing the job. This ensures accuracy of job function regardless of who is performing it.
Depending on the nature of the job as well as project specifications, HRC typically applies our proprietaryFoundation of Measured Success® job analysis approach, which incorporates a two-fold, cross-referencing solicitation and validation of the job by both the job incumbent and supervisor, ensuring consistency by title and/or work area. Other methods are incorporated into the analysis process as needed to develop a comprehensive job profile. The results are improved compliance with various employment-related laws such as the American with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), as well as other relevant state and local laws.
Job Descriptions - Why are they important and what should they include?
Job descriptions are the foundation of organizational performance, serving in a variety of HR functions. At HRC, the development of effective job descriptions is a critical part of our Foundations of Measured Success philosophy. HRC-developed job descriptions:
- Define the jobs for performance planning, transfer, promotion, staff planning, career, and disability accommodation purposes
- Use standard formats that allow for consistent application
- Give employees written definitions of their jobs
- Provide reliable sources for compensation plan design and establishing internal equity
- Help organizations move swiftly to increase or replace staff due to increased business or turnover
- Help those responsible for work flow to perform systematic analyses of organizations’ work processes from start to finish
- Assist in meeting important compliance obligations.
At HRC, we develop job descriptions that are broad, descriptive, and flexible to enable adaptation to your organization’s changing needs. We work with our clients to develop effective templates, identify critical goals and unique qualifiers of their organization, and then we help to establish and connect each job’s duties back to the critical goals of the organization. This ensures alignment of each job to the overall success of the organization, while providing the details needed to support effective job performance. At the same time, every job description developed by HRC includes the minimum criteria needed to successfully perform in the job such as required knowledge, skills, and abilities, responsibilities, reporting structure, and typical mental and physical requirements of the job for American with Disability Act (ADA) compliance.
Job Evaluation - What is the value of each job within my organization?
Job evaluation is a systematic process of determining the relative value of various jobs within an organization, and assigning jobs to a hierarchical index of job value. Effective job evaluation enables an organization to:
- Provide fair pay to its employees
- Attract and retain its needed talent
- Identify duplication of tasks and gaps between jobs and function allowing it to make strategic alignment decisions
- Identify qualification requirements
- Place jobs in salary structures
- Maintain internal equity.
At HRC, our trained and well-experienced staff provides an unbiased, holistic approach to evaluation of an organization’s jobs.
- We focus on only the job itself, not the person performing the job – something that can be very difficult to do if you are an employee of the organization
- We understand the effects a job evaluation process can have on the employees such as job insecurity or fear of pay cuts – so we assist in using an organization-wide involvement and continuous communication process helping to ease concerns and establish a sense of ownership from the results of the job evaluation
- We know the struggles that can occur with management involvement and we take a proactive approach from the onset to help ensure the cooperation needed for successful project completion
We complete job evaluations using current industry best practices in alignment with the requirements of equal pay legislation such as the Fair Labor Standards Act and Equal Pay Act. Typically, job evaluations are completed after the job analysis and job descriptions are complete. HRC employs both non-quantitative methods of evaluation such as job classification, as well as quantitative methods such as a job point-factoring which utilizes compensable factors to determine internal worth – a key to establishing an internally consistent compensation (HL to Compensation Analysis & Design) system that can serve as a strategic tool for the organization.
Compensation Analysis & Design
- Not sure if you are paying employees too little or too much?
- Losing good employees to better paying jobs elsewhere?
- Compensating according to an antiquated system?
- Merger or acquisition in your future?
- Just opening your doors and onboarding your first employees?
- Expanding your services and diversifying your workforce?
Regardless of the reason, HRC can assist in all areas of compensation, from policy design and plan development through stakeholder approval and implementation.
HRC’s Compensation Analysis & Design services include all levels of comprehensive review, refinement, and/or development of compensation programs, ensuring strategic alignment with each unique client. HRC’s Compensation Analysis & Design services provide our clients:
- Improved competitiveness through current, market-aligned compensation structures that help to attract, motivate and retain high quality employees to the best of the organization’s budgetary abilities
- Risk management resulting from implementation of consistent and defensible pay structures – developed by an unbiased, ethically bound third party – that meet the requirements of equal value legislation
- Tools and services needed to support the implementation and independent management and maintenance of the overall compensation system, and guide consistent and defensible base pay decisions that provide every employee a competitive level of compensation.
Whether you need a complete analysis of your existing compensation system, are starting your compensation program from the ground up, or just need a pay scale developed for a few new positions, HRC’s experienced Certified Compensation Professionals can successfully meet the demands of your project!
Training & Development
HRC helps our clients achieve the future they envision. Whether it’s learning the HR discipline, managing a diverse staff, improving your customer service, or getting the most from a senior team, we help our clients evolve into the organizations they wish to become. Our team of specialists not only hold industry-recognized certifications, but they are recognized leaders in the industry, providing guidance and training to hundreds of employees, supervisors, C-suite leaders, and HR professionals each year. Our training programs and products are delivered in live classroom settings, via web-based delivery platforms, or in blended formats to best meet the needs and desires of our clients.
Skills, Capabilities & Characteristic Assessments
Managing today’s human capital is challenging enough, but you don’t need to make your decisions based on subjective processes and instinct. HRC provides a wealth of assessments to help make strategic decisions. Whether it’s succession planning, new hires, organizational alignment, or performance improvement, HRC’s validated Assessment Tools can provide the knowledge you need to make the decisions that really matter. Contact us and let us know your needs or employee issues, and we’ll recommend the tools that can help achieve the desired results.
Curriculum Design & Development
HRC trains approximately 1,000 employees a year! As an ISO 9001:2008 certified firm, our goal of all delivered training is to improve performance and enhance employee skills. Our leadership- and management-level trainings not only improve participants’ performance at work, but also increase our clients’ bottom lines. Every training module we offer is developed to meet the needs of our client, while incorporating their culture, vision, and philosophies into the training.
HRC employs a research-based curriculum design and development approach to the development of any training module we deliver. Our proprietary process of Measured Success© is built into every tailored design and training facilitation. This means that the outcomes are defined and then measured, providing our clients with results they can count on! The average learning index increase of HRC's training participants exceeds 35% - this is achieved through extensive knowledge and experience in the field of curriculum design, development and delivery!
Program Assessment & Auditing
HRC’s Continuing Education Program Assessment & Auditing services provide other training developers, providers, educational sponsors, or accrediting bodies the assurance needed for verification and validation of program compliance. Our services include:
- On-site auditing of classroom trainings
- Review and assessment of training curriculum for content validation and program compliance
- Comprehensive schedule management to accommodate mass classroom auditing
- Custom report generation to align to training, accreditor, and/or sponsor requirements
As an ISO 9001:2008 certified firm committed to quality, we understand program assessment and auditing and the importance of quality education. Contact HRC today to discuss your continuing education program requirements and learn how we can help you to best meet your challenges.
One-on-One Coaching, Classroom, Blended, and Web-based Delivery
Business coaching has shown to be one of the most powerful ways of developing people and adding to the bottom line of business performance. Executive coaching is widely used and recognized as a key contributor to companies’ successes and as a way to make the best people even better. Studies indicate that more than 60% of American companies are leveraging the services of executive coaches —at varying times and for varying reasons:
- On-Demand Short-Term
- Team Effectiveness
- Capable Executive
- Career Decision Making
- Derailed Executive
- High Potentials4.
HRC’s Coaching Services are custom developed for each individual, group, and client to align with the identified needs and goals. Our services are confidential and provide the insight desired to move participants to their next level of success. Typical projects include:
- Assessment of organizational goals and challenges
- Assessment of individual skills, capabilities, and/or behaviors based on project goals
- Individual Action Planning customized to assessment results– honing in on opportunities for individual development and obtainable goals and objectives that lead to Measurable Outcomes
- Coaching sessions are delivered face-to-face or virtually to accommodate each candidate’s demanding schedule.
HRC’s coaching programs are personalized to each candidate and his or her professional desires and challenges, while incorporating structure and focus to ensure personal commitment equals improvement and success!
Your human capital is your greatest asset! Increase the return on your investment through HRC’s Coaching Services.
Customized Online Campuses
Whether you’re an educational institution looking to offer online education options to your student body, or an organization looking to address the training needs of your employees, HRC’s Customized Online Campuses provide solutions that fit today’s technology savvy learners!
HRC’s Customized Online Campuses are designed to address the training needs of your organization. Our Online Campuses are hosted, online learning solutions branded as your own Learning Management System (LMS). The LMS can then be customized with specific courses that are meaningful to your organization. Our online campuses provide:
- Professional or leadership training curriculum
- Self-managed or HRC-managed administration
- Certificates of completion
- Optional college credit
- User group set-up with login access and restrictions
- LMS integration
- Learner monitoring
- Activity reporting
- One-year access to courses for each registered user
- Interactive features such as threaded discussion, chat rooms, and other methods of communication
- E-commerce capabilities for optional financial profit
- Free user support.
HRC’s Online Campuses reduce training time and increase training flexibility. Moreover, the courses are effective, bringing the same content and instructional design integrity of HRC’s classroom training.
Custom Online Training Programs
Whether it’s compliance or skills and capabilities development, meeting the needs of your workforce has become faster and easier with technology-enabled learning solutions. HRC makes this solution easier for you by offering custom-developed online training programs and solutions. We can provide all-inclusive solutions, or partner with your in-house development team to assist in any phase of development from Needs Analysis and Design through Content Development and Evaluation. Check out one of our sample training modules, and then contact HRC to discuss your online training project.
Identifying crucial job skills, knowledge, social relationships and organizational practices and passing them on to prepare your future workers is critical to ensuring the seamless movement of talent within your organization. Succession planning is keeping the talent in your pipeline, and with today’s workforce trends, critical talent can easily be here today and gone tomorrow. Whether your organization is large or small, succession planning is necessary for various reasons:
- Adapting to demographic and economic changes and talent scarcity.
- Identifying skill gaps and training needs.
- Retaining institutional knowledge in a knowledge economy.
- Boosting morale and retention by investing in employees.
- Replacing unique or highly specialized competencies.
HRC takes the complexity out of Succession Planning, and offers scalable solutions to address only those areas of succession planning needed. HRC’s Succession Planning Services portfolio includes:
- Labor Market Analysis and Workforce Planning
- Organizational Assessment
- Job Analysis and Job Evaluation, identifying the critical knowledge, skills, and abilities needed in critical positions
- Job Redesign
- Strategic Succession Plan Development
- Performance and Behavior-Based Assessments
- Recruitment Support
- Training and Development
- Individual Development Planning
Contact HRC today to ensure the future vitality of your organization is protected!
Today’s businesses know that what worked last year, doesn’t exactly work the same today, and may not work at all next year. Businesses and organizations are facing new challenges with economy weakness, technology advancements, diversified workforces, skill shortages, and globalization. And if you aren’t strategically planning for the future, your organization most likely will not survive.
When HRC facilitates a strategic planning initiative, you can be sure to have a solid and dependable foundation that will guide meaningful, outcomes-based efforts over the course of future operations. HRC’s strategic planning facilitators’ skill-sets are developed to ensure:
- National, regional, and local industry aspects are considered and addressed
- Objectives and goals are established to a level that fosters success as well as flexibility
- Gaps are identified, solutions are defined, and success factors and measurement models are established and incorporated
- Healthy team interaction, and thought-provoking discussions are engaged in a controlled, supportive environment
- A level of consensus and buy-in is achieved with all members of the strategic planning team to the highest extent possible to support a sustained level of enthusiasm moving forward with your plan, and improved and measurable outcomes
- Most of all, that you are satisfied with the results of your efforts. No one knows your business better than you do, but HRC will provide the structure and focus to guide the development of a meaningful strategic plan.
HRC follows a methodical approach to meet the unique strategic planning needs of each of our clients, incorporating customized training, work products, guidelines and resources to eliminate the guessing, minimize conflicts, and focus in on the critical future strategy of your organization. Let HRC help your organization plan to succeed!
Policies & Procedures
Effective workplace policies and procedures have never been more important than in today’s challenging, ever-changing business world. It is essential for organizations to have policies and procedures developed and implemented based on best employment practices, if for no other reason than to protect your organization and its employees.
But effective policies and procedures offer benefits beyond this – they provide for:
- Uniformity and consistency in decision-making and operations
- Demonstration of the organization’s values
- Quick and efficient action and resolution when a problem occurs
- A framework for business planning
- Direction of the organization despite periods of change
- Assistance with performance assessment and accountability
- Clarification of functions and responsibilities
- Improved communication for employees
- An overall sense of stability and dependability to the workforce
- And of course, employment practice-related risk management.
HRC develops both individual policies and procedures for our clients, as well as entire Personnel/Employee Handbooks, all based on industry best practices and in alignment with today’s ever-changing state and federal regulations.
HRC offers solutions to fit any organization size or need including:
- Handbook Express – a downloadable template you can customize yourself
- Review of your current policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the most current regulations
- Development of individual policies and procedures to meet organizational changes
- Development of your entire Personnel/Employee Handbook from start to finish.
HRC also provides custom training at both the supervisor and employee level to ensure your workforce understands its roles, responsibilities, and expectations.
Don’t guess when it comes to your policies and procedures – Depend on an experienced professional – Depend on HRC!
Compensation and Benefits, Employee and Customer Satisfaction, Employee Exit Interviews, Industry Benchmarks, Employee Engagement… Surveys provide the means to make Talent Acquisition & Planning, based on factual data that saves organizations both time and money that would otherwise be spent on trial-and-error approaches.
HRC provides comprehensive Survey Services to include:
- Online and print formats
- Data compilation and analysis
- Project management from start to finish
- Participant communication development and delivery
- Custom and template-based content development.
And when the circumstances require higher degrees of specialization, HRC also has strategic partnerships with industry-leading tool developers to ensure the survey efforts produce the validated data needed.
Our clients know that when business decisions need to made, HRC provides the Survey Services required to produce dependable, decision-driving results.
Today’s emerging human resource challenges are more complex than ever and HR technical assistance provides your organization with practical, non-legal advice for your day-to-day HR issues. HRC will help your staff and leadership make informed decisions through best practice recommendations, minimize your risks, and control costs in the areas of human capital management. HRC provides HR technical assistance either over the phone, through email, or on client site.
Don’t make haphazard decisions hoping there won’t be repercussions, or waste precious time trying to research the right answer. Protect yourself and your organization by contacting HRC for the experience-based assistance you need!