Orientation programs serve as an important element of the recruitment and retention process. Many employers may recognize this and may even categorize their practice of giving new employees a handbook and having required forms completed as an “orientation program.” But at HRC we know the benefits and value a good orientation program brings to an organization, and our Orientation
Programs are developed so that our clients can reap these benefits:
- Reduced Startup Costs – Good orientation programs help new employees get up to speed quicker, thereby reducing the costs associated with learning the job.
- Reduced Anxiety – Good orientation programs help to reduce anxiety that results from entering into an unknown situation, and help provide guidelines for behavior and conduct so new employees don’t have to experience the stress of guessing.
- Reduced Employee Turnover – Employee turnover increases when employees feel unvalued, or are placed in positions that impede job performance. Good orientation programs show that the organization values the employee and helps provide the tools necessary for successful performance.
- Reduced Supervisor Time: The better the initial orientation, the less likely supervisors and co-workers will have to spend time teaching the employee, costing additional production downtime.
- Increased Clarity of Job Expectations, Positive Attitudes and Job Satisfaction: It is important that new employees learn as soon as possible what is expected of them, and what to expect from others, in addition to learning about the values and attitudes of the organization. If the employee feels well informed and isn’t met with surprises, increased positive attitudes and job satisfaction will occur thereby increasing their desire to give their best efforts to the employer.
Let HRC invest the time needed to ensure your recruitment efforts pay off, planting the right seed from the beginning with effective orientation!