Her areas of expertise include compliance, policy and procedure development, employee relations, complaint investigation, change management, process improvement, recruitment, performance management, training, leave management, reduction in force, and grievance resolution.
Over the course of her career, Ms. Bloomberg has investigated and recommended actions to resolve complex employee relations issues; successfully negotiated resolution of discrimination claims; and developed, revised, and administered employee policies and procedures in compliance with state and federal law and industry best practices. She has developed and implemented numerous human capital solutions to address a spectrum of organizational issues such performance management process deficiencies, workplace culture leadership development, and compliance with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for non-immigrant workers.
As an HR Manager serving as a resource to 750+ staff members including senior level administrators, directors, and leadership council members for a hospital and health science center, Ms. Bloomberg specialized in candidate recruitment and selection, organizational development, staff development, compensation analysis, reduction in force, conflict and grievance resolution, and administration of corrective actions. She developed, implemented, and administered education and training programs for hospital leadership and staff in areas of change/transition management, cultural competency, standards of behavior, and human resource management and labor relations. She led the preparation for, and represented the HR Department during the 2008 Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities review, receiving an exemplary “best practice” rating. Ms. Bloomberg effectively facilitated a three department consolidation impacting 50 employees; this change management effort was successful such that employee engagement survey scores remained positive. She represented the State of Montana on regional healthcare system Policy, Employee Relations, Labor Relations and Compliance Teams that made decisions impacting 18,000 employees, and successfully negotiated resolution of Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Human Rights Bureau claims.
Ms. Bloomberg’s educational and professional credentials include:
• Juris Doctor, The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law
• Bachelor of Science, Public Affairs, Indiana University, School of Public and Environmental Affairs
• LEAN Healthcare West Instructor: leading change by implementing principles of the Toyota Production System
• Linkage, Inc. and William Bridges and Associates Facilitator: Leading Organizational Transition
• Completed Development Dimensions International courses: Leadership Essentials and Conflict Resolution
• Former Member and Vice President, Big Sky Society for Human Resource Management
• Member, Helena and National Society for Human Resource Management
Her professional licenses include:
• Licensed to practice law in the State of Montana
• Admitted to the State of Ohio bar in 2002.