Jonna Contacos-Sawyer, CCP, SPHR, SHRM-SCP - President
Ms. Contacos-Sawyer has specialized expertise in the areas of strategic planning and organizational development and from this expertise aligns business strategies and objectives with customized performance management systems that result in improved individual, team, and organizational performance. She also specializes in job analysis, strategic compensation, competency development, managerial communications, human resource infrastructure assessment, training, and mitigating employment practice risk. By establishing performance measures and mapping workflow to organizational goals, quality processes, and customer service standards, Jonna has assisted many organizations in achieving a greater return on their investment in human capital. These solutions have served 200+ organizations, both private and public sector, ranging from 25 to 16,000 in staff size with budgets ranging from $250,000 to $10 billion in revenue.
Through her innovative leadership and business acumen, Ms. Contacos-Sawyer has enabled sustainment and growth of HR Consultants, Inc. by selecting a highly competent staff and investing in her own firm’s human capital to create an engaged workforce, establishing practices that continuously influence long-time and referral customers, and ensuring the highest quality of products and services. HR Consultants, Inc. is one of the first management and human resource consulting firms in the nation that is ISO 9001:2008 certified.
Ms. Contacos-Sawyer has extensive experience in the development and delivery of both custom curriculum as well off-the-shelf training solutions. She has trained 7,500+ professionals in 200+ organizations, and developed and delivered Train-the-Trainer programs for in-house delivery. She has assessed performance and behavioral traits and developed and delivered specialized coaching and training services to improve performance and productivity, increase collaboration, and enhance communications to better enable achievement of client corporate goals. She has coached numerous Executive- and Leadership-level members of multi-million dollar organizations. Jonna is a dynamic and highly rated presenter and certified trainer able to motivate audiences with her enthusiastic personality. Since she takes continuous learning and improvement to heart, she influences these traits in others by staying involved as:
- Visiting Assistant Professor at Saint Francis University’s School of Business, Graduate Human Resource and MBA programs.
- Instructor for certification review courses for the Professional in Human Resources (PHR)/Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) testing.
Jonna’s educational credentials include:
- Doctoral Candidate (ABD) in Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resources; Northcentral University
- Masters Degree in Personnel Administration/Industrial Relations – Saint Francis University
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Management/Economics – University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
- National recognition as a Certified Management Consultant (CMC) - there are less than 1% of consultants in the country that have earned
- National recognition as a Certified Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) through Human Resource Certification Institute
- Member of Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM) and certified as a Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCPSM)
- National recognition as a Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
- Certified Management Development Trainer
- Certified Professional in 360 Task Cycle Surveys and Feedback on Leadership Development and Coaching through Clark Wilson Group
- One of only two Management Consultant/Trainers in the United States earning the designations of CMC, SPHR and CCP
In addition to her educational credentials, Jonna is also an active member of the following associations:
- WorldatWork Society
- National Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Cambria-Somerset Human Resource Association, Former President and Community Outreach Chair
- Delta Epsilon Iota Honor Society, UPJ, Lifetime National Honorary Membership
Jonna has a strong commitment to her community that she demonstrates personally and through her firm. In recgonition for her contributions to the community and the Pennsylvania economy, the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development chose Jonna as one of Pennsylvania's Best 50 Women in Business for 2003. Jonna was also chosen as 2003's Pennsylvania Entrepreneur award winner in the small business category. This award is hosted through Pennsylvania Business Central and sponsored by Pennsylvania Small Business Development Centers. Additionally, Jonna was named HR person of the Year in 2004 and again in 2007 by Cambria-Somerset HR Association. Jonna also was selected and served as the Executive in Residence at Saint Francus University in 2008. Her firm provides more than 10% of its annual revenue in donations and in-kind services to teh community and non-profit organizations.
Jonna’s past and present community leadership roles include Johnstown Industrial Development Corporation, University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown Advisory Board to the President, Board of Trustees for the Christian Home of Johnstown, Personnel and Finance Committees for the Christian Home of Johnstown, Business Advisory Council – Goodwill Industries, Cambria-Somerset Human Resource Association, Chairperson of REACH Out Youth Ministry Community Service Program for St. Michael Catholic Church, Mentor for the Southern Alleghenies Planning and Development Commission – Entrepreneurial Assistance Network.
Jonna continually influences professional growth and achievement through presentations and published work and provides mentoring services to individuals enrolled in human resource programs, advancing careers, or entering the field of human resources. Jonna models the qualities of integrity, innovation, and service, using these ethical principals to guide her firm. The nature of her work, her community involvement, and her personal values influence positive change in the organizations to which she serves as well as to those individuals she interacts with on both a professional and personal level.